SWSC works with different women including women at the grassroots, activists and political levels by:
- Creating a space for women from all walks of life to come together and exchange information, ideas and strategize collective action aimed at improving the position of women in Somali society.
- Mobilizing women around specific issues including taking collective action against all kinds of violence and discrimination they face.
- Strengthening the roles of women in Somalia to articulate their views / positions on various policy issues including women’s participation in politics, good governance, security, peace-building and reconciliation.
- Strengthening women’s capacity to conduct research on the issues that have an impact on their lives.
- Encouraging dialogue between women working at the grassroots level to bring about change and women involved in the political arena.